Why do we need a temp mail address?
Websites and online services often require a valid email address to register, access or receive protected content, etc. However, the problem is that some of these websites may use our email addresses to send unwanted messages.
A good way to deal with this is to use a temp email address if you are not sure that this website is absolutely credible and trustworthy. This way, you can keep your emails away from spam and protect your privacy.
The disposable mail (also known as temp mail, temporary mail, or 10-minute mail) works like any other real email address with some differences:
- It is short-living – from a few minutes up to a few days (Тempmailo keeps old emails for 2 days).
- It's just for receiving emails. Sending mail via temp mail service is impossible.
- Only text and html messages are allowed, and file attachments are disabled. The main reason is to protect users from dangerous content and viruses.
There are a few basic cases where you need temporary mail
- To ensure that the email function works properly, developers must test it. They no longer need to create a special test email address. In Tempmailo, they are ready right away. Our API will soon become publicly available, making the job even easier.
- Keep your data and privacy safe from suspicious websites and services, and protect your email from unwanted messages and spam. Using temporary email addresses won't have to worry about it anymore. Privacy is now a huge concern among everyone. Temporary email addresses are a good way to protect yourself from risks.
- For each website or service which isn't important to you.
- Mailing lists or forums for receiving subscription-protected content.
- On any non-trustworthy place on the internet.
- Registration in social networks - Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
💡Note: Never use disposable email address for important information. It is short-living and your mail address is only temporary.
Temporary email addresses are what they claim to be - addresses that people use for a short time and then can generate a new one. They are no different from classic email addresses, except that.
- If you are a programmer, temporary mail is a good way to check are your mails received.
- On any non-trustworthy place where you're afraid of your data.
- To prevent spam and unwanted mail. This is a great way to keep your real email address safe.
- Accounts on Netflix, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Generate, copy and paste your temp email address. Once this address is generated, your browser will keep it until you clear your local storage or generate a new one.
- Now you can use this temp address instead of your primary email on every external website or service just like a regular email address.
- You can access your Inbox from anywhere and on any device.
We keep the received emails for two days from the date of receipt. After this period, the emails are permanently deleted and cannot be restored.