Why do we need a temp mail address?
Often, websites and online services require a valid email address in order to register, access or receive protected content, etc. However, the problem is that some of these websites may use our email address to send unwanted messages.
A good way to deal with this is to use a temp email address if you are not sure that this website is absolutely credible and trustworthy. This way, you can keep your personal emails away from spam and protect your privacy.
The disposable mail (also known as temp mail, temporary mail, 10 minute mail) works like any other real email address with some differences:
- It is short-living – from a few minutes up to few days (Тempmailo keep old emails for 2 days).
- It's just for receiving emails. Sending a mail via temp mail service is impossible.
- Only text and html messages are allowed, file attachments are disabled. The main reason for this is to protect users from dangerous content and viruses.
There are a few basic cases where you need temporary mail
- To ensure that the email function works properly, developers must test it. They no longer need to create special test email address. In Tempmailo they are ready right away. Our API will also soon become publicly available, which will make the job even easier.
- To keep your personal data and personal privacy safe from suspicious websites and services and to protect your personal email from unwanted messages and spam. You won't have to worry about it anymore by using temporary email addresses. Privacy is now a huge concern among everyone. Temporary email addresses are a good way to protect yourself from dangers.
- For each website or service, which isn't important to you.
- Mailing lists or forums for receiving subscription-protected content.
- On any non-trustworthy place on the internet.
- Registration in social networks - Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
💡Note: Never use disposable email address for important information. It is short-living and your mail address is only temporary.
Temporary email addresses are what they claim to be - addresses that people use for a short time and then can generate new one. They are no different from traditional email addresses, except that.
- If you are a programmer, temporary mail is a good way to check are your mails received.
- On any non-trustworthy place where you're afraid of your data.
- To prevent spam and unwanted mails. This is a great way to keep your real email address safe.
- Accounts in Netflix, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Generate, copy and paste your own temp email address. Once this address is generated, your browser keep it until you clear your local storage or generate a new one.
- Now you can use this temp address instead of your primary email on every external website or service just like a regular email address.
- You can access your Inbox from anywhere and on any device.
We keep the received emails for two days from the date of receipt. After this period, the emails are permanently deleted and cannot be restored.